- What to Know
- Open your iPhone > Go to Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot. Or you can see the Hotspot option right away.
- Toggle the button on the right to enable the hotspot. Go into Wifi password option > Set a new password.
- Connect your Chromecast with the TV. Open Google Home on another phone.
- Connect both the phone and the Chromecast to the hotspot. Now enjoy your favourite show.
Like all other mobile phones, iPhone also has the compatibility to provide personal hotspot to different devices. You can turn on the personal hotspot in your iPhone and use it as a portable Wifi for your Chromecast device.
You might find it challenging to perform all these functions, but you’ll be done in no time if you follow the instructions carefully. In this article, we will discuss how you can connect your Chromecast to your iPhone’s hotspot.
So let’s get started.
How to Connect Chromecast to iPhone Personal Hotspot
Connecting Chromecast to an iPhone’s hotspot is very much similar to connecting it with a router or any other wireless device. But still, follow these steps to use your Chromecast without a Wifi device.
- Find a secondary iPhone that you will be using as a wireless network.
- Now, attach the Chromecast to the TV and switch to the HDMI mode.
- Now, go in your iPhone’s settings. Here you will see the Personal hotspot option.
- If you don’t see a personal hotspot option inside the settings, it may be inside the Cellular tab.
- Go and set up a password and name for your personal hotspot and toggle the button to the right to enable it.
- Now, connect your other phone with this personal hotspot.
- In the same phone, open Google Home and connect the Chromecast with the same wireless network made by your iPhone’s hotspot.
- Now cast any video onto the screen and enjoy your favourite movies without any interruption.
How to Setup Chromecast on Phone
Setting up Chromecast is not a difficult task. Here, we will be discussing how you can set up your Chromecast on your iPhone or any other IOS device. You only need two things to run the Chromecast, Internet and Google Home app.
Chromecast Setup iPhone
We’ll quickly move to the steps by which you can set up Chromecast on your iPhone.
- Connect your Chromecast to a television. And make sure that it is on. Plug in the Tv and switch to the HDMI mode.
- In your iPhone, Open the App Store and install the Google Home app. This app will connect the Chromecast to your device.
- While it’s installing, go to your iPhone’s settings. Now go in the Wifi tab and connect your mobile to the Chromecast network.
- Now Open the App. The Google Home app will automatically search and connect the Chromecast with your device.
- Now click on the device, and it will ask you to name it and choose the network you want to connect it with.
- Make sure that the Chromecast and the phone are both connected to the same wireless network.
There are a few limitations while using Chromecast with an IOS device. It is only compatible with YouTube and Netflix, whereas the android can also mirror Google play music, movies, and TV.
Why is my Chromecast not connecting to Mobile Data?
Can you use your Chromecast with mobile data? Yes, you can, if you make your mobile a wireless wifi device. But what if the Chromecast doesn’t connect to the mobile data?
In that case, restart both the devices to see if anything is causing an issue. If not then, you need to get your Chromecast and phone check from a nearby store to see which device is causing connection issues.
So I guess that’s it. It was not as tricky as you would have thought. You only need to enable your mobile’s hotspot, make it wireless wifi and connect the Chromecast and the secondary device with it, so keep using your Chromecast.