Wondering about how you can connect your GoDaddy domain to your Wix website perfectly. And, don’t know anything that how you can change the nameservers in your GoDaddy account.
And, where are your Wix website nameservers actually? So, you do not need to worry about anything.
Because I will explain to you everything from A to Z in some simple steps that you need to follow for connecting your domain to your Wix website perfectly without any issue. And also, you will get some tips that will be very beneficial while connecting.
- Open your Wix website – First of all, you need to log in to your Wix account. So, open the Wix website and log in. And then, you need to simply go on the edit option of your selected site.
You need to start always from your Wix website because here are your nameservers.
You can see that I am also on the editor and clicking on “ connect a domain”. So, you also need to do like this.
- Connect a domain you have already – After doing the above step you will get the interface like below. And then, you should click on the “connect a domain you have already own” button.
And then, you will have an interface like below. Now, You should click on the “add new domain” and click on the “connect your domain you already own” button. It’s easy to do. You can also check in below picture.
- Write your Godaddy domain name – Which you want to connect from your Wix website for free. Below, you can see that you have 2 steps. First, which website you want to connect with your GoDaddy domain.
I have only 1 website. That’s why you are seeing only 1 website there. If you have 2 or more websites. Then, you need to pick one. And then, you will click on the next button where you will get this interface.
You need to write your domain name which you want to connect from GoDaddy to your Wix website for free. After writing your domain name in the text field. You need to simply click on next. And then, you will arrive at this below interface.
- Get your Nameservers – After doing the above step and click on the “Yes, it’s from Godaddy”. You will have this type of display where you can easily get the nameservers of your Wix website for connecting your Godaddy domain to your website.
- Go to your Godaddy dashboard – Now, It’s time to go on godaddy.com and log in to your account. After login, you need to go on your products page. Simply, click on your products button.
- Choose your domain – Now, you need to choose your GoDaddy domain which you want to connect to your Wix website but after clicking on the “ My products” button.
Here you can see that I have only 1 domain but if you have more. Then, Select one and click on the “DNS”
- Edit your domain nameservers – After doing the above step you will arrive on this page. But after arriving here, you need to scroll and find your nameservers. You don’t need to worry about this. You can check the below image.
Now, It’s time to click on the “ Change” button as you can see in the above picture. After clicking on the “ Change” button. You will get the option of “choose your new nameserver type”. Simply, select the custom option and click on the “Save” Button.
After selecting the Custom option, you will have this interface. And now, you need to copy and paste your nameservers. Now, If you have put your nameservers. Simply, Click on the “save” button for updating your GoDaddy domain nameservers.
- Verify the connection – Now, It’s the last step to connect your GoDaddy domain to your Wix website for free. Simply, Go to your Wix website and click on the “ verify the connection”.
Congratulations, Your Godaddy Domain has successfully connected to your Wix website. And, I am sure you will not get any issue because I have explained everything from A to Z and you have also followed.
Can I use the Godaddy domain to Wix website?
Yes, Wix allows you to connect your Godaddy domain to your Wix website but you need to update your Wix premium plan.
How much does it cost to connect a domain to Wix?
You do not need to pay the cost. If your wix premium plan is updated. If not, then, you need to subscribe the Wix premium plan.