- What to Know
- Go to Mobile Settings > Portable Hotspot > Setup Portable Hotspot. Type a name and password and tap on the tick mark.
- Go to Smart Tv Settings > Networks. You will see all the available wifi networks.
- Select the name of your Portable Hotspot. Enter the password, and your Smart Tv is now connected to the mobile hotspot.
The Smart Tv has become an ideal Tv for people who want to enjoy seamless streaming. You can watch all your favorite shows without any disturbance. Nowadays, they are more preferred than cable TV.
If your router is not working and you want to know how to connect a mobile hotspot to smart tv so that you can watch your favorite show, then you need to read this article. You can find the complete instructions by which you will connect the hotspot with your smart tv.
How to Connect Mobile Hotspot to LG Smart Tv
It is not as complicated as you might think. I will explain all the steps in simple words so you can easily understand the whole method. To connect the mobile hotspot to your Lg smart tv, follow these instructions:
- Open your mobile and go into the settings tab. Here you need to go to the Portable Hotspot option.
- Set a username and password for your personal hotspot, and that’s it.
- Now come back and Enable the portable hotspot by swiping the option to the right.
- Now open your Lg Smart Tv and go into the settings. Then into the General Tab.
- Inside, you can locate the Network option quickly. Click on it and start a wireless network search.
- When the Smart Tv completes the search, click on the wifi you created with the portable hotspot and enter the password.
- And that’s it. Now enjoy endless streaming and watch your favorite shows without any interruption.
If you don’t see your wifi hotspot option on the Tv, make sure that you have enabled the portable hotspot. If it still doesn’t work, restart your mobile phone. All of the functions on the Tv will be controlled by the remote. You will also type the password with the help of the remote and on-screen keyboard.
Will Mobile Hotspot work with Smart Tv?
The simple answer to this is Yes. The Smart Tv can detect and connect to any Wireless network available within its range. It doesn’t matter either it is a router or mobile hotspot; the Tv can connect to any available network.
If the mobile hotspot doesn’t connect to your smart tv, try to restart both the Smart tv and your mobile. If the issue persists, then there can be an issue with the mobile hotspot or the network configuration of the smart tv.
Will it consume a Lot of Data?
Yes, for sure. It is the same as using YouTube on mobile data, but the tv might consume more than that because it will require more data and speed to provide you with your favorite shows uninterrupted.
Smart TVs have gained much popularity over the years. They are much more reliable and accessible as compared to cable TVs. The smart TV can connect to any wireless or wired network. It doesn’t know if it is a router a mobile hotspot.
You can easily connect your mobile’s hotspot to your smart tv and enjoy streaming. Some phones can’t provide data at a faster and stable rate, but if your phone’s hotspot can, go for it.