- What to Know
- Locate the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone > Login to your account.
- On the top-right, Go to Messages > Locate the conversation you want to delete.
- Tap the message > Unsend. It will automatically delete the message from both sides.
Have you sent the wrong message to a person you didn’t intend to?? Don’t worry. I know exactly how to delete an Instagram chat from both sides, and I will teach you how it’s done. So keep on reading if you don’t want the other person to see what you just texted unintentionally.
There is mainly only a single way to delete the messages from both sides, and that’s by unsend the message. Another way to delete the chat will only delete it from your side and not from the other. So this way is not preferred in such scenarios.
But still, let’s discuss both the options down below.
How to Delete Instagram Messages from Both Sides Without them Knowing
It is one of the best methods to remove messages permanently from both sides without the other person ever knowing about it. To delete the messages from both sides instantaneously, follow the steps given below:
- Navigate the Instagram app on your mobile device, either Android or IOS.
- Log in to your Instagram account if you have logged it out the last time.
- Now on the top-right corner, you will see the messages icon. Click on it to see all your conversations.
- Now go into the chat from which you want to delete the messages.
- Tap on the message. It will show a few options including, unsend, copy, etc.
- Click on the unsend button, and it will remove the message from both sides.
- Once removed, you cannot resend it. You will have to type it down again to send it.
How to Delete Instagram Messages from Both Sides at Once from PC
If you don’t have a mobile phone, and you use your Pc to use Instagram, then we also have a way for it. You can also delete and unsend the messages from your browser. To do so, comprehend the steps down below:
- Go to your Web browser and type Instagram.com
- After going to their website, type in your account credentials and sign in to your account.
- On the top right side, you will see a paper plane icon that represents your messages tab.
- Here, go to the conversation you want to delete.
- Click on the message you want to unsend or delete.
- It will show you a couple of options from which you will choose the unsend one, and it will permanently delete your message without the other person knowing.
- You can also delete the entire chat by clicking on the conversation and selecting the delete option from there.
Instagram didn’t have this feature before, but now you can also send and receive messages from your browser. You can also view stories and respond to them.
How to Delete Instagram Chat from Your Side only
You can also permanently delete the entire chat at once, but it will only delete it from your side. So if you only want to delete the chat from your side, then follow these steps:
- Go to the Instagram app on your Android or IOS phone.
- Click on the paper plane icon on the top right side.
- It will take you to your messages tab.
- In Android, long-press the conversation and then click on the trash icon that will appear on the top bar.
- In iPhone, swipe the chat on the left side to show the delete option and then click on it to delete the entire chat at once.
So that’s it. It was pretty easy. You only need to go to your Instagram account, then into the conversations, and delete or unsend the messages. You can do as you desire.
Instagram is one of the largest social media networks, so you should surely know about it as more than half of the world uses Instagram every day. I hope this article helped you in overcoming the problems you were facing with deleting the messages.