- What to Know:
Did you make a driver account of Lyft, and now you want to remove it?
Don’t worry because I’ll share a step-by-step guide about how to delete a Lyft driver account using the mobile app or the Lyft website.
Moreover, you should know that deleting a Lyft driver account actually deactivates your account but doesn’t erase your data from its database.
How to Remove Lyft Account On Mobile App
- Open the app on your Android or iOS device and enter your login details.
- Tap the three bars available on the top left corner and go to the help option.
- Here, you’ll see different options, but you need to select “Profile and account settings.”
- Tap on “Delete my account” and wait for the final confirmation message by Lyft.
- Moreover, Lyft also asks you about reasons for leaving.
- In the final step, you must type the word “delete” in the box.
How to Remove Lyft Account On Website
- Go to the support page and select the option “I’m a passenger or driver.”
- Next, select the “Profile and Account Settings” and click “Delete My Account.”
Other Options to Delete Lyft Driver Account
You can also send an email to [email protected] or visit the customer support page to submit a form.
You must enter your complete name, email address, and phone number to submit your request to deactivate the Lyft account.
Click on the arrow under the heading “What can we help you with?” and select “Profile and account settings.”
Later, choose “Delete account or unsubscribe” and then click “Delete my account.”
You must explain your reasons behind deactivating the account because it’s mandatory; else you won’t be able to deactivate. Moreover, you can also attach a screenshot explaining your reasoning. Lastly, verify a captcha and then click submit.
After submitting the request, you can receive a response from the Lyft customer support team within a couple of days.
Can I Delete My Lyft Account and Start Over?
Unfortunately, you can’t restore a deactivated Lyft account. However, you can always create a new account later.
Does Lyft Deactivate Drivers?
Yes, Lyft deactivates rivers because of multiple reasons, including:
- Documents aren’t updated
- Old vehicle
- The passenger was less than 18 years old
- The driver broke a traffic signal or other law
- Drug driving
- Violation of Ant-discrimination policy
You can deactivate your Lyft driver account with just a few taps on your phone or clicks on your computer by following the above guide.
Must View : How to Remove Credit Card From Lyft