If you have tried all the troubleshooting options and your Fitbit isn’t working correctly, you should factory reset Fitbit charge 2. The good news is that resetting Fitbit Charge 2 resolves all your issues; however, it will erase all the previous data.
This guide will help you how to reset the Fitbit charge 2 using two methods.
How to Factory Reset Fitbit Charge 2
- Before performing a factory reset, you should know it’s going to erase all the personal data from the Fitbit Charge 2.
- Connect the Fitbit to the power supply and press the side button.
- Just after two seconds, you must remove the USB cable from the port while still pressing the button.
- Count up to eight more seconds to release the button just for a second and hold it again.
- Now, the screen will flash, repeat the process of releasing the button for one second and then press it again.
- Next, you’ll feel the Fitbit Charge 2 vibrate, again release the button for one second only, and press again.
- After flashing and vibration, you’ll see an ERROR message on the screen. Again, rerelease the button and press again.
- Remember, the release of the button should be according to the events mentioned above.
- Lastly, you’ll see the ERASE message on the screen. Now, you can safely let go of the button since you have successfully factory reset the Fitbit Charger 2.
How to Reset Fitbit Charge 2
- Insert the Fitbit Charge 2 into its charging frame and insert the USB cable into the power supply.
- There is a button on the side of the Fitbit Charger 2. You should press the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon on the screen.
- You can only release the button once the Fitbit icon goes away and then remove the USB cable from the port.
- It’s a soft reboot to rest the Fitbit Charge 2.