With the recent paradigm shift in mobile communications, you can now use an innovative feature called Conditional Call Forwarding to Google Voice instead of the standard voicemail.
Isn’t it cool? Today Will answer “can i forward calls to google voice?”
Indeed it is. That’s why I’ll tell you how to forward calls to Google Voice in this article.
Not only that, but you can also link multiple phone numbers in which you want to receive calls in case you don’t want to answer them with Google Voice.
Google Voice Call Forwarding Schedule via Computer
If you want to forward calls from your computer, first, you need to sign in to your Google Voice account by entering your username and password. You can use the following browsers that support Google Voice:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- All you need to do is to follow these steps to receive and make calls from our Google Voice:
- Open the URL: Voice (google.com)
- Click on the Settings option, available on the top right corner.
- You can find a subcategory of “Linked numbers” under the “account tab.”
- You can click on the New linked number to enter the phone number to the link.
- Later, you’ll receive a verification code on your mobile number from Google Voice either via phone or text, depending upon your preference.
- You can click on “Send code,” allowing Google Voice to share the code via a text message.
- Else, you can verify via the landline by selecting Verify by phone and then call. This way, Google Voice calls the phone number to share the code.
- Lastly, enter the code and select “Verify.”
Google Voice Forward calls to Multiple Phones
The good news is that Google Voice forward calls to multiple phones up to six numbers. However, you can’t link a number already available in the linked list; however, you can reverify a linked number.
Not only that, but you can also enable alerts for missed calls, messages, and other voicemail on your Gmail account via email.
Google Voice Call Forwarding iPhone and Android
Yes, you can use Google Voice Call Forwarding to iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. All you need to do is open the Voice app and select the Menu option, available on the top left corner.
Next, go to Settings and then Account. Here you can choose Devices and numbers and click on the New linked number.
Now, you can enter the phone number that you wish to link. Later, you can verify the number either by receiving a six-digit code via text or call. In the end, enter the code and press Verify.
How to Modify or Remove the Linked Number
If you want to stop forwarding Google Voice calls to a certain linked number, it doesn’t necessarily mean the linked number is removed from the list.
First, let’s learn how to change the linked number. Click on the “Settings” option, and select Calls available in the left list. You can change the number on which you receive calls under the “Incoming calls” section.
Essentially, you can take two following actions:
- Change which devices get calls – You can turn off devices on which you don’t want to receive calls under the “My devices” tab.
- Change which linked number gets forwarded calls – Turn off the number you don’t want to forward calls under the “call forwarding” tab.
Removing a linked number is comparatively easy. Go to “Account” under the “Settings” option. You can find an X button right next to the linked number. All you need to do is to click the X button to remove the number.
Would you please leave your comment to help us to know this about this article?
How Do I Activate Call Forwarding On Voice?
If the Internet Wi-Fi or data connection isn’t available, Google Voice uses the linked number to make voice calls. However, you don’t need to link the smartphone or device number while you are signing up; instead, you can link in later stages.
Open the Voice app, click on Menu and go to Settings. Go to the “Account” option and click “Devices and numbers.” Here you can select any of the following three options:
- Your device’s number – Google Voice linked to the mobile number of the device.
- No number – No linked number
- New linked number – You can add a new number altogether. However, Google Voice verifies the number before adding it to the linked numbers list.
In the end, click Save.
Can I Forward My Landline to Google Voice?
You can’t forward or port the Landline number to Google Voice. However, you need to port your landline number to a mobile carrier first and then forward it to Google Voice.
It means you need to buy a new SIM card to create a new scout to port the landline number and later move the number to Google Voice.