- What to Know:
The Cadillac key fob is a crucial tool for accessing and operating your vehicle. However, the battery inside the fob does wear down over time. When this happens, you may find that the key fob is less responsive or stops working altogether. Don’t worry; our step-by-step guide will help you replace the battery yourself, quickly and easily.
How to open a Cadillac key fob to replace the battery
Step By Step Guidance:
- Look for the key fob’s release button, which should be on the side of the casing. The casing will open to expose a metal key when you click the button.
- When you remove the metal key, you’ll see a little hole in the key fob. Separate the case’s sides with a flat-head screwdriver.
- You’ll see an electronic circuit on one side and a battery on the other when you’ve unlocked the key fob.
- Remove the old power and replace it with the new one with care. The Cadillac key fob battery replacement requires a CR2032 battery; if you don’t use the correct battery, the key fob will not operate. Make sure the new battery’s positive side is pointing down.
- Reassemble the case, and you’re ready to go!
How to Change the Battery in the Key Fob
The technique for changing the key fob in a Cadillac car from a later model year differs from that described above. While the 2020 Cadillac CT5 car introduced a new key fob design for the complete Cadillac range, key fobs from the model year 2014 to the present have the same guts and, as a result, require the same battery replacement procedure:
- Unlock the key fob using the same procedure as previously, which also applies to earlier versions.
- When you open the key fob, you’ll discover that the circuit board is on one side of the shell and the battery is on the other.
- Remove the old battery and throw it away. Set it away until you’re ready to dispose of it appropriately.
- Replace your old battery with a new CR2032 battery, positive side down.
- Reassemble the key fob’s two halves.
- Put the emergency key back where it belongs.
To get more information visit this link below:
What battery does a Cadillac key fob need?
Most Cadillac key fobs use a CR2032 battery, but please consult your owner’s manual to confirm the correct type.
How often should I replace the battery in my Cadillac key fob?
Typically, the battery lasts 3-5 years, but it depends on usage. Replace it if you notice any reduction in responsiveness.