- What to Know
- Open a Web browser on your laptop or PC > Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on the Down arrow on the top right corner > Settings > Privacy.
- Now go to the option of Who can see future posts > Edit > Friends Except > Remove any friend you want.
Do you want to hide a particular post or story from someone? In that case, I know about the best feature that is available in the Facebook app. But to use it, you need to log in with your laptop or PC because you cannot do it from your mobile app.
If you are tired of random people watching your stories or linking your posts, this is the best way to get rid of it. To learn how this works, you need to read the article thoroughly. So, let’s get started.
What Does Friends Except Mean on Facebook?
Sometimes we don’t want to show a specific post or story to people because they would judge or due to any other reason. To solve this problem, Facebook introduced a fantastic feature to choose the friends you don’t want to share the post with.
The names you will select won’t be able to see your post or stories, and you’ll be relieved of all your worries. The friends except feature works as in you choose the people you don’t want to share the posts with, and they won’t see it on their timeline.
How to Remove Friends except List on Facebook
You need to understand that you won’t be able to delete the friends list entirely. You can either add or remove friends to your friends except list.
From Mobile Phone:
To add or remove friends from the friends except list in your mobile device, you need to follow these steps:
- Open your Facebook app on your phone and log into your account.
- Tap the three lines on the top right corner and go to the Settings and Privacy option.
- Here, go into the Privacy Shortcuts tab. Now click on the “see more privacy settings” option.
- Under the Activity option, click on the very first tab. It will take you to a screen and guide you on adding or removing the friends except list.
- Click on Try it now and then click on that specific button on your post.
- Here you will see the Friends except option. Click on it and choose the people with whom you don’t want to share that specific post.
From Laptop or PC
To add or remove friends from the friends except list in your laptop, follow these steps:
- Open any browser and go to Facebook.com. Now add your credentials and log into your account.
- In the left sidebar, you’ll see the explore option. Click on this option, and you’ll see the Friends except tab.
- If you don’t see it, click on the down arrow beside the see more option, and the Friends except tab will appear.
- Here go to the Restricted list and click on the manage list option. Now you can add or remove anyone as you want.
Another way of adding someone to your friends except list is by visiting their profile. Then click on the Friends button below their profile picture and then click on edit friends list. Now click the restricted option, and it will add the person to the list.
How do I see my Restricted List on Facebook?
To see the Restricted list, you will need a laptop or PC. Without them, you won’t be able to view your restricted list. To view and edit the restricted list, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser. Go to Facebook.com and log into your account.
- In your news feed, on the left sidebar, you will see an explore option.
- Inside here, you can see the Friends list option.
- If you don’t, click on the down arrow, and it will open a drop-down menu in which you can find the Friends list option.
- Here, click on the Restricted option and go into the manage list tab.
- Now you can view and manage your friends except list however you want.
Now you are fully prepared to edit or view the Friends except list. You can remove any friend you want. You should know that you cannot entirely delete the Friends except list as it requires at least one person to the on the list.
You can now hide any post or story from whoever you want. So why wait. Go and hide your posts and stories from unwanted people, or just go and unfriend them, as that’ll be a better option.