If you want to transfer your contacts from your Samsung phone to your PC for safekeeping, then it’s the right spot for you. I think you don’t know how you can quickly and efficiently export your phone contacts to your computer.
You don’t have to be much concerned about it. I assure you that it is one of the most straightforward tasks you would have performed on your computer.
So let’s get started so that you can transfer your contacts to create a backup and then sit back and enjoy a movie.
Ways To Transfer Contacts from Samsung Phone to PC
These are the main ways by which you can efficiently transfer your Samsung phone’s contacts to your pc along with other files.
1. Transfer Contacts – By Using a USB Cable
Transferring contacts and files by using a USB cable is the simplest and quickest method. It is highly recommended, and I have also been using it for a pretty long time. To use your cable transfer the contacts, follow these steps.
- Connect your Samsung Phone to your Pc by using a USB cable. It is the same cable that you use for charging your mobile.
- Now go to your Samsung phone and click on the contacts button.
- Here, you will see a menu button. Click on it, and a pop-up will open in front of you with different options.
- Now click on the Import/Export Option and export it anywhere you want on your mobile phone.
- After it is done, it will create a file inside your phone’s storage.
- Now, the phone that you connected will ask for permission for whether you want to charge your phone or you want to share the file.
- If this prompt doesn’t come up, Go to your phone’s setting and then to the USB debugging option. Please enable it so that you can quickly transfer the files.
- Now open My Computer. Here you will see your device name. Navigate inside it to the folder where you saved your contacts files.
- Copy the file from there and paste it onto your desktop or anywhere you want.
That’s done. Now you have successfully exported your contacts from your mobile phone to your Pc.
2. Transfer Contacts – By Using Gmail
If you don’t have a USB cable close and want to export your contacts urgently, you can use Gmail too quickly. To do so, follow these steps:
- On your Samsung phone, you will see a Gmail app. Click on it and login with your Gmail credentials.
- Now that you have logged in. Check if the phone’s contacts are synced with Gmail. For this, go to your phone’s settings and then into the Accounts tab. Here you will see the Google option. Click on it.
- Inside this tab, you will see a contacts option. Make sure to switch the sync on for your contacts. Then click on the three dots above > press sync now.
- It will sync all the contacts available on your phone into your Google account.
- Now login to your Google account on the desired Pc. And go to the Contacts section.
- Now, you can select all the contacts or a few contacts individually. Once you have chosen, click on the more option. A drop-down will open where you can see the option of Export.
- After clicking it, a prompt will open from where you can select which contacts to export and in which format do you want them in.
- Choose the Google CSV format and click Export. All your contacts are successfully exported to your PC.
Now that you know how you can export your contacts from your Samsung phone to Pc. You can easily repeat the process if you want to export your files from your phone to the Pc. I highly recommend the USB method as it is easy and free to use.
If you are still confused about transferring or exporting contacts and files, don’t panic and reread it. If you still can’t understand, let us know down below, and we will help you resolve the issue.